mardi 29 juillet 2008

Duffy: 'Illegal downloading is a good thing'


Duffy Pic: PA Photos

Duffy has suggested that she supports illegal downloading - as she believes it will ultimately inspire fans to buy more music.

In contrast to the recent agreement between the Government, music industry and internet service providers to send warning letters to people who download music illegitimately, this year's biggest selling artist so far says she is comfortable with fans listening to her music for free.

"Well, I mean, it can go two ways – there are pros and cons to everything," she told Shortlist. "Some people think it creates illegal access, but I think the big wheel is round, y'know? I think it's got more positives because it basically gives people access, what's the harm in that?

"Somebody asked me the other day what I thought of illegal downloading, and I thought, 'You know what? I don't care', because I think the majority [doing it] are kids and as they get old and get more income they'll probably buy records. So it's just making music a part of everyone's lives."

Her comments follow an interview with the star in this month's Uncut, where she repeated her views, explaining: "What I've begun to think [about illegal downloading] is, when kids can get access to music, it's only a good thing."

Source : NME


Aucun commentaire: